The European Flame of peace
The torch relay has been a tradition for years associated with the Olympic Games. It was held for the first time in 1936 before the Olympic Games in Berlin, and this tradition is also cultivated during the European Games. The relay will set off from Rome, where the seat of the Association of European Olympic Committees is located. After traveling over 1,500 kilometers, the fire will reach Krakow to announce the start of the Third European Games.
The Olympic torch is a tradition dating back to the ancient Olympic Games. Fire symbolized purity, truth, light and knowledge. The Flame of Peace, which is lit on the occasion of the upcoming European Games, refers to this tradition. The flame is a historic symbol of the Games and a worldwide call for peace.
- 26 localities and 22 regions.
- 23 days of travel.
- It will pass through the largest number of historical, cultural and natural heritages.
- Celebrations in 19 cities.
- 900 Torchbearers.
- More than 6,500 kms throughout the country.
- Buses for carriers, press, sponsors, production, etc.
- Plane, bus, train and others.
- Symbolic/cultural transportation: Chasquis, Paso horses, Totora horses, Lomo de llamas.